Friday 17 October 2014

Austria Exclusiv, Camino Del Inca - Christmas display (not cheap)

Just like last year the shops are filling up with Christmas tat and the Peruvians seem to produce tat almost as well as the Americans. Every time I go into Wong I'm temporarily blinded by disco ball like baubles, lose myself in a forests of fake trees, and get slightly disturbed by those toddler sized Father Christmases who wobble at the knees and blast you with cheery Christmas ditties. I might sound a little scrooge like, a little 'bah humbug! 'if you will, but actually I LOVE Christmas. I love the twinkling lights, I love the darkness illuminated by sparkling shop fronts, I love glancing into someones warmly lit living room from the cold night to see their tree sitting proudly in the corner of the living room. In short, I love Christmas in England and in a wider sense, Europe. There's
something special about that mix of darkness, coldness and the promise of lots of chocolate and the other day, strolling back through the shopping centre at Camino Del Inca I spotted something that, for me, encapsulated it all...

A Christmas carousel:

It didn't photograph entirely well but its actually rather stunning. Sadly, the price is rather stunning too - s/.1600. Still, very occasionally things come along that are actually worth paying a little bit more for, Just think how beautiful this would be in the middle of your dining room table with the candles aflame and the little figures dancing around. I love it and despite being a bargain hunter I don't think the price is all that bad considering it would be something you'd keep for life.

No comments:

Post a Comment