Thursday 9 October 2014

Metro, Lima Centre - prints, plates and wash baskets

As I said, Cheap. I never realised how overwhelmed by cheap pretty things I was in England until I arrived here and found myself in what seemed to be a style desert. Maybe there are nice things if you go a bit upmarket - I once found a standard looking chaise longue for $1700! - but I'm a hardened bargain hunter and hate the thought of parting with more than I need to, so it's to the cheap places I go. At home we have Sainsbury's, Tesco, Waitrose, all of whom have a pretty good offering of homeware at very reasonable prices, but here their equivalents just made me want to weep. Still, like I said I 'm going to stick to my remit so here goes...

Dining Set:
Ok, so I know it's just a few cups and plates but as the majority of the cheap stuff here is plain white I think this is quite jolly. 

Wall prints:
I've noticed that homes in Lima seem to feature a lot of blank wall space and paintings to fill them aren't all that cheap. I think these make a nice alternative to religious icons.

Laundry basket:

If you're short on space or you have kiddies these pop up bins are ideal for everything. I think they're supposed to be laundry baskets but they could just as easily house soft toys. This one comes in a range of designs including pink bears and rockets but this was the one that caught my eye.

A mug:

I know! I know its just a mug but you've got to cling to even the smallest thing here. It hasn't photographed entirely well but it does have some birds on it. Its just such a happy design compared to everything else on the rail that I couldn't pass it by without taking a pic.


No comments:

Post a Comment