Wednesday 15 October 2014

Oeschle, central Lima - table mats and (really) bad stuff

In the search for a Halloween costume for my daughter I strolled into Oeschle and...well, if I was of a more fragile disposition I'd have fainted or been sick or put on some dark glasses or something. You'll see why in a moment but for now, the one good thing I found (and I use the term 'good' loosely).

Table mats:

A reasonably uninspiring bamboo table mat that probably wouldn't last that long but only costs s/.2.90 so it wouldn't really matter that much. They'd probably look good beneath some square white plates or if you were serving something oriental.

The bad bit!
I know this blog is about nice and reasonably priced things to buy in Lima but I've decided that today, those who peddle the opposite committed such a heinous crime that they need to be named and shamed. I'll just do the naming, they can do the shaming all by themselves.



I won't go on too much as these things really speak for themselves, but that chair costs £236!

At least now you understand why some days I don't have anything to blog at all.



No comments:

Post a Comment