Thursday 9 October 2014

Why am I here?

About a year ago I moved to Lima, Peru, and about four months ago I decided to make that move more permanent and take some serious steps towards settling down and building a life here. I gave up my journalism job in London, sold all my things and, most sadly, sold my flat. I'd loved that flat. It was only an ex council flat in one of the saddest looking blocks in Penge but it had been mine and I'd transformed it from a cat hair infested pit into something resembling my idea of a perfect London pad. Now, 6000 miles away from all that I was, I find myself starting from scratch, trying to make a home and finding the choice of home decor on offer in Lima frankly depressing...and expensive. So in an attempt to build a new home and (hopefully) offer inspiration to others for theirs I'm going to document all the things I find that I like and would want to buy. I have only three rules, as my blog name suggests...they must be in Lima, be pretty and, above all, Cheap!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing. May I ask what you will do about income? back in 2006 I lived in Lima for 1 year, it was the best time in my life. I have made a few visits in 2011 and I am missing it dearly. I am in the US now but I've always thought about moving back if I can somehow work from home or start a small business that is sustainable. Looking forward to your updates.

    ReplyDelete