Wednesday 15 October 2014

Wong, Primavera - teapots and cups

Well I have been quiet over the last few days but it certainly wasn't for the want of trying. I'd have a much fuller blog if I'd chosen the title Expensive Ugly things that look like they're from the 70s. Anyhow, while trawling the aisles in search of dinner last night these two things caught my eye...

Tea pot with integral strainer:
There might actually be a snappier name for these things but I'm afraid I don't know what it is so we'll have to go with it. I really wanted one of these when I lived in London and had money for such frivolities such as loose leaf tea but after seeing the price of one in the Tate Museum (I'd not actually seen one before then) I was rather put off. This, however, is cheap! Apparently (I think its always worth saying that) this was originally s/.39 but is now much more reasonable. In English money we're looking at just over  £4, which is an absolute steal.

Yet another mug:
Problem with these things is that they're so reasonably priced and when I see a nice one - which isn't as often as you'd think - I want it. I think this is a nice classic design and would sit nicely in a muted modern kitchen.





No comments:

Post a Comment